CULTURWB will address the need for strenghtening the cultural tourism industry development in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Montenegro.
The concrete objectives are:
– Conduct research on instances and required competences of personnel in the cultural tourism industry;
– Develop a LLL programme;
– Develop an interdisciplinary MA program that consolidates the field of tourism management and culture & heritage by equipping the graduates to acquire the required qualifications for professional career in managing cultural aspects of tourism and heritage;
– Connect the tourism industries between the involved non-EU countries and prepare each WB partner country for the EU integration.
The project aims are:
– Shaping of cultural identity in WB
– Strengthening of the commercialization of cultural values – solidification of the cosmopolitan character of cultural values
– Offer learning of sophisticated skills and acquiring of competences in cultural tourism management; enable the tourism workforce to interpret and apply global developments in tourism
– Utilize research methodologies – marketing and branding, strategy business planning, digital tourism, sustainable development, strategy and action plan implementation etc
– Form a network of MA students and relevant stakeholders within the industry- essential cooperation between heritage & cultural management and tourist organizations, provide recommendations to stakeholders in the industry, and upgrade the physical and operational capacities – globalizing the local and localizing the global
– Create an online platform for communication between stakeholders, industry leaders, managers, work force, and the academia
– Design a tool-kit aimed at a variety of professional users, both within the tourism industry and for people who welcome and manage visitors at their destination or site, including public authorities in the tourism, culture and nature fields
– Quality Assurance in heritage and cultural tourism management
Evaluation of the current situation in WBC in regards to applying the global developments in the tourism industry /Ljubljana process II Priorities non University and explores teacher training and education capacities.
– To foster University/Enterprise cooperation trough developing a Lifelong Learning program and provide know-howsupport and entrepreneurship competences to owners of cultural, historical and architectural monuments.
– Develop an interdisciplinary Master program that consolidates the field of management of culture and heritage by applying new methodologies and specific learning outcomes.
– Creation of ICT based platform “WB virtual cultural tourism corner” and establishment of CULTURWB Regional Network, which will gather MA students and relevant stakeholders within the cultural tourism industry and present means for their communication.